Jason Scott talks with John Davis, owner and master inspector with Cabin to Castle Home Inspections, about the benefits of working with a home inspector, and common misconceptions of property inspections.
[smart_track_player url=”https://iloveedmontonrealestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ilre-edmonton-012.mp3″ title=”Why You Need a Home Inspection as a New Home Buyer” image=””]
John Davis is the owner of Cabin to Castle Home Inspections. He previously worked as a framer in residential home construction before entering the Apprentice program at NAIT, where he became a red seal journeyman painter. Transforming his 1976 painting business into a general construction company, sold 27 years later after great success, John founded Cabin to Castle. It has now become the largest independent property inspection company in Alberta.
John shares why buyers and sellers can benefit from working with a trusted home inspector, and some common misconceptions surrounding what a home inspection entails.
- [spp-timestamp time=”0:23″] How did you get into the business?
- [spp-timestamp time=”1:16″] What do you specialize in?
- [spp-timestamp time=”2:09″] Tell us what a home inspection is and what it is not.
- [spp-timestamp time=”2:40″] Can a property “fail” a home inspection?
- [spp-timestamp time=”4:42″] What are some common issues you see in homes?
- [spp-timestamp time=”7:27″] What sets you apart from other inspectors?
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:30″] Should someone have an inspection done on a new home?
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:25″] What are typical problems you see in newer properties?
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:18″] Does an inspection act as a “warranty” on the home?
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:08″] How does the quality of a home differ between the style of property?
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:23″] Should someone have condos inspected?
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:18″] What should people look for in an inspector?
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:36″] Anything else you’d like to add?
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:37″] Should sellers have an inspection done?
Contact John Davis