Jason Scott talks with Sarah Leib, an Edmonton real estate agent with RE/MAX River City.
Sarah and her husband are both real estate investors and share the management of their rental portfolios.
Sarah discusses how she manages her 30 rental units.
Sarah’s been a realtor in Edmonton for 5 years.
Advantages of being a realtor and running rentals
- You get to know neighbourhoods quickly
- You learn what people value in rentals
New condo buyers should look for:
- new condos: quality of construction, condo fee schedule
Buying a mature house in Edmonton? Be aware of:
- the foundation. Brick, block, or concrete?
- does it have a low basement?
- as a seller, disclose the situation of multiple offers with the name of the buyer’s agent. Confirm.
- as a buyer, ask for the name of the other buyers’ agent
Advice in finding a real estate agent
- honesty, communicative
- experience in the type of building
- experience in the neighbourhood