[smart_track_player url=”https://iloveedmontonrealestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ilre-edmonton-015.mp3″ title=”Getting Your Home Renovated? Paul Foster Explains The Importance Of the Design Phase” image=”https://iloveedmontonrealestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/JasonSPodcast2017.jpg”]
Paul and Contract Renovations work with you to bring your vision to reality. They employ skilled workers capable of bringing your ideas to life.
Jason and Paul talk about how he got into the renovation business, what sort of project they specialize in, and how his company is different from many of the other contractors in Edmonton.
Key Points & Questions
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] How did you get into the renovation business?
- [spp-timestamp time=”1:24″] We have the best in customer service awards with houzz.com for 2 years in a row. We have also recently been added as a Baeumler Approved contractor and have an A+ status with the BBB.
- [spp-timestamp time=”2:34″] What sort of renovation projects do you specialize in?
- [spp-timestamp time=”3:13″] Kitchen and bathroom renovations typically give you the best bang for your buck.
- [spp-timestamp time=”4:30″] Avoid ‘date stamping’ your renovation with trendy colors and patterns.
- [spp-timestamp time=”5:12″] How is your company different than other contractors in the Edmonton market?
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:45″] What’s your take on the popular renovation TV shows?
- [spp-timestamp time=”8:44″] I tell every client to have an 8-10% contingency budget. There will be a surprise somewhere.
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:47] We understand how houses were built in certain eras. Boom time houses are the ones that give us the most surprises; many were built without proper permitting.
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:56″] What sort of time delay or cost overruns can come up during a renovation?
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:40″] Do your research when looking for a contractor. Check references, reviews, and profiles.
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:40″] Any contractor who is taking a deposit should have a pre-paid contractor’s license.
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:22″] A lot of people try to do work without permits. Why should I bother getting one?
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:04″] Tell us about some horror stories you have encountered.
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:45″] When picking a renovator, make sure they have a website and portfolio pictures.
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:45″] Make sure to put the proper amount of time and effort into the design phase of your renovation.