Acclaimed! is a heating, cooling & furnace cleaning service in Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park and surrounding areas. They install and service all types of furnaces, air conditioners, water tanks, humidifiers and indoor air quality products (air filter systems). They also have a large furnace and duct cleaning division that serves all sectors – Residential – Industrial- Commercial – Institutional – Property Management We have vast experience in all of these areas!
They pride themselves on their amazing customer service and quality work provided at a reasonable price. Check out their testimonials.
Jason and Keven talk about Acclaimed!, what the major problems that furnaces experience, and if you still need a humidifier. Keven also explains why you need to get your ducts cleaned, how long a hot water tank lasts. and how to choose the right HVAC company.
Key Points & Questions
- [00:25] Tell us about Acclaimed! and what you do.
- [02:10] How many service calls do you make a day?
- [03:00] Making sure the filter in your furnace is kept clean will keep the furnace from breaking down when you need it the most.
- [03:55] What else causes problems with a furnace and what can you do it avoid them?
- [07:20] With the way houses are built now, do we need a humidifier?
- [10:45] What are some of the defining factors in the decision to repair a furnace or replace it?
- [12:20] What are some of the most common brands in Edmonton?
- [13:20] What’s the life expectancy on a modern furnace?
- [17:00] Cleaning your ducts come down to air quality more than anything else.
- [18:15] Ducts should be cleaned every 1 – 5 years.
- [19:40] Make sure when picking a company that they don’t have any surprise fees. And let them know how many ducts there are in the house.
- [20:30] What about dryer vents?
- [23:25] What are some issues people run into with air conditioning units?
- [26:45] What about gas fireplaces?
- [27:15] The white spots found the glass of your gas fireplace is a substance called mercaptan.
- [29:04] Can you tell us a bit more about the Alberta Energy Efficiency Program?
- [33:00] Modern hot water tanks last about 8 – 12 years.
- [35:15] A good quality 40-gallon hot water tank runs at about 1200 dollars.
- [39:00] Consistent, high-quality online reviews will usually show if an HVAC company is a right choice for you.
- [40:30] The difference between a good company and a bad one, is how they react to issues.