Paul and Contract Renovations work with you to bring your vision to reality. They employ skilled workers capable of bringing your ideas to life.
Jason and Paul talk about how he got into the renovation business, what sort of project they specialize in, and how his company is different from many of the other contractors in Edmonton.
Key Points & Questions
- [00:30] How did you get into the renovation business?
- [1:24] We have the best in customer service awards with houzz.com for 2 years in a row. We have also recently been added as a Baeumler Approved contractor and have an A+ status with the BBB.
- [2:34] What sort of renovation projects do you specialize in?
- [3:13] Kitchen and bathroom renovations typically give you the best bang for your buck.
- [4:30] Avoid ‘date stamping’ your renovation with trendy colors and patterns.
- [5:12] How is your company different than other contractors in the Edmonton market?
- [07:45] What’s your take on the popular renovation TV shows?
- [8:44] I tell every client to have an 8-10% contingency budget. There will be a surprise somewhere.
- [10:47]] We understand how houses were built in certain eras. Boom time houses are the ones that give us the most surprises; many were built without proper permitting.
- [11:56] What sort of time delay or cost overruns can come up during a renovation?
- [15:40] Do your research when looking for a contractor. Check references, reviews, and profiles.
- [16:40] Any contractor who is taking a deposit should have a pre-paid contractor’s license.
- [18:22] A lot of people try to do work without permits. Why should I bother getting one?
- [20:04] Tell us about some horror stories you have encountered.
- [22:45] When picking a renovator, make sure they have a website and portfolio pictures.
- [23:45] Make sure to put the proper amount of time and effort into the design phase of your renovation.